Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Alex Cold Suggestions

 Here's a quick redesign of Alex based on Joelle's drawing. Pushed the shapes, tried to make a more iconic "T" shape in the torso. Tried to design some muscle groups to poke out of the silhouette, emphasize Alex's athleticism, and make it more clone wars-y for the Lucas style. 

Here's the simple shapes I'm thinking of.  I tried to be more conservative as to not break style, but the shapes aren't as differentiated as they could be.

side by side

This is intended to be a suggestion and clarify my comments.  Obviously we don't have time to do a complete redesign, but I'm afraid if the design isn't working Joelle will be redoing work after Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Chris. I can see how this silhouette might work better, however, I really don't know if there is time to keep changing him. This is why I wanted EVERYONE'S input when I was posting up versions of him the past few days. I sent out messages asking for everyone's opinions and only a few people responded. I dunno, if everyone thinks I should, I can try to change him again really quickly based on your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this design may be a bit too extreme and pushed. I am ok with the original. Perhaps joelle can push the proportions a little? But our style studio is really realistic in terms of proportion. I honestly think its ok. How does everyone else feel??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's still possible to push the torso proportion slightly more if anything. But besides that, I personally am okay with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may be in the minority on this one.

    I'd say move forward with your original design for now, we'll talk about it on Wednesday. One way or another, we'll know if it works on Friday.

    ReplyDelete