Sunday, October 21, 2012

Notes for Nathan 2

Hey Nathan, I like the stuff you're doing so far, thanks for taking into account plateau behind the waterfall, I feel like Chris' feedback is definitely spot on though.  The new roughs you posted are still a bit even like he said, even tho you're trying to break it up.


I like what you're doing with the addition of some more organic shapes to the mix, but I don't think you quite hit it yet.  Take a look at the quick marker ideations Chris posted, they have a definitive line of action in them, even tho they're rocks.  I know that's a little counter intuitive but try to see if approaching it that way helps you break it up a bit.

I added some choice shots that I feel might help your designs a lot.


 Angel Falls with the peak wreathed in clouds, gives it a very mysterious feel.  I know your original ideations were playing around with that, I felt like it could be very interesting.
 This shot and the shot below are two plateau's that are deep within the amazon rainforest, I feel like the striation and layers could really plus your design and also place it.  Additionally it's almost the perfect kind of shape that sticks out from a wider plateau.

 There's some very interesting rock shapes coming off the side of this, additionally, the contrast between the hard angled shapes of the faces of the rock, as opposed to the curved smooth shapes sitting on the tops of them.


 This tree is very interesting, and it may give a good place to start for the root that Mike was storyboarding out.
 Interesting vegetation wall.
Cool rock shapes that may or may not help.

Anyway, hope that helps, thanks so much for posting, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment