Sunday, October 21, 2012

Notes for Yen

Hey Yen,

I know you said you were having problems deciding about the style and the angularity.  I know with a feminine face this causes significantly more issues than a male/other face so I went to double check how they handled it with Clonewars.  It looks like they are very selective in the geometry of the face on where to add in hard angles.  It seems they only use it on the bridge of the nose, or the brow right under the eyebrows, or the very back of the jawline.

The rest seems fairly organic, and the only time it gets severley harsh is for their "evil" women.  I'd be very careful with her cheekbones, I'd go for a much more subtle sweeping curve, rather than jutting.  Also the upturned nose is a little odd, try instead for a more button nose, since she's still a bit young.  Also this will give her more appeal.  If you want to add some angularity to her nose, try it just on the bridge.




 I would use this twilek girl here on the lower left as a guide, she's the correct archetype to work off of.





1 comment: