Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Character Designs - Line Up



I went ahead and lined up the characters to see if they felt good together.

Some initial observations: 
Alex feels like the least distinguished of the characters, probably because his silhouette doesn't really communicate his personality.  Nadia's hair, the chief's headdress, Tahama's square frame and piercing are all unique and dominant. I'm not sure what shape is dominant in Alex's design.  

Also, Alex is the only character with a 5ish head height proportion, while all the other characters have about a 3.5-4 head height proportion. His head feels small next to the other characters.

3 comments:

  1. ...Sorry guys. At this point I'm stuck. I don't know what else I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joelle, I think that His silhouette is fine because he is different from them. He is the foreign coming into "magical lands". All the other characters have silhouettes like that because they belong to something mysterious and magical i guess. Alex is just a plain old american boy. You can just make his head a little bigger maybe.

    But other than thaaaaat...I think your design is working well and you can def move on! He's got an interesting and appealing face, and he looks like a 15 year old rock climber that just got thrown into the amazon. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Yen, I'll try making his head bigger.

    ReplyDelete